This list is provided by Brevard County Office of Emergency Management
Brevard County shelters and evacuations are in effect beginning 3 p.m. Friday. Zones included in the mandatory evacuation are Merritt Island, the barrier islands and some low-lying mainland areas.
Here is a list of Brevard’s shelters:
- Port St. John Community Center, 6650 Corto Road, Port St. John
- Viera Regional Community Center, 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
- Wickham Park Community Center, 2815 Leisure Way, Melbourne
- Ted Whitlock Community Center at Fred Poppe Regional Park, 1951 Malabar Rd NW, Palm Bay
- Apollo Elementary School, 3085 Knox McRae Dr., Titusville
- Imperial Estates Elementary School, 900 Imperial Estates Lane, Titusville
- Space Coast Junior/Senior High, 6150 Banyan Street, Port St John
- Walter Butler Community Center at Bernice Jackson Park, 4201 US Highway 1, Cocoa
- Manatee Elementary School, 3425 Viera Blvd., Viera
- Sherwood Elementary School, 2541 Post Road, Melbourne
- Melbourne High School, 74 Bulldog Blvd., Melbourne
- Meadowlane Intermediate Elementary, 2700 Wingate Blvd., West Melbourne
- Heritage High School 2351 Malabar Rd., Palm Bay
- Bayside High School, 1901 DeGroodt Rd. S.W. Palm Bay
- South Mainland Community Center, 3700 Allen Ave., Micco
Brevard County Emergency Management reminds residents that although shelters will provide food, individuals need to bring their own bedding, person hygiene products and any other supplies they may need.
Calls to those registered for special needs shelters will begin Thursday to plan transportation and accommodation.
For more information, a Community Information Hotline is available and can be reached by calling 2-1-1. Anyone who has questions on Hurricane Irma is urged to call.
Governor Rick Scott also posted a tweet Thursday morning urging anyone who feels like they cannot evacuate to call a transportation hotline at 1-800-955-5504.